PlanMyLeave requires the following features to be set to enable users to start using the system. Please check the list on the System Set up page too.
- Leave Types are required to be added so that they can be assigned to users.
- Leave Polices needs to be added and attached to leave types so that the balances and accruals for each user will be calculated.
- Leave Types and Leave Polices needs to attached to the company level or user level depending on the requirements.
- Add Departments and Job titles
- Set holiday groups; add holidays to the groups so that the holiday groups can be assigned to the user or set at company level in global settings. Weekly days off and company holidays will not be considered while calculating leave requests.
- Define the approval paths, these paths need to be attached to the company level or user level. These paths define which users needs to approve leave and in which order.
- Adding users, set the hire date as this is used for calculating the leave balances and accruals. Set the holiday groups, approval paths, days off and set the leave types and leave policies.
- To set the actual starting balance for each user to launch PlanMyLeave in your company – go to Manage Adjustments and add an adjustment for the current leave balance.
- Two default user roles are created when you sign up for PlanMyLeave – Company Admin who has access to all features of the application and Regular User who has access only to restricted parts and cannot make system settings. By default the person who signs up is assigned the Company Admin role – later you can assign this role to others in the Company who can also have access to the full system. Please be careful while assigning this role – only trusted users need to be given this role. All others can be assigned the Regular user role. Other roles can be created based on these roles and permissions to different areas made accessible or denied. PlanMyLeave offers a most flexible and comprehensive permission setting definitions for different user roles.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free help authoring tool